Concerning items of interest

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Old Bones


I had a cool conversation with Asher the yesterday. This is how it went.

Conversation with Asher, June 21, 2008

Asher: Daddy, dinosaurs are not real.

Aaron: Actually, dinosaurs are real. They lived a long time ago, but now they are extinct.

The dinosaurs died?

Yes, they died.

How come they died?

Well, they think a giant asteroid from outer space hit the earth and it hit so hard that all the animals died.

And the humans died?

Well, the humans weren't around yet.

We were still in heaven with Heavenly Father?

Yes.

Heavenly Father gave us skin?

Yes.

And bones?

Yes.

What else did Heavenly Father give us?

He gave us our bodies. All of it.

He gave us our bodies?

Yes.

T-rex got off the Earth?

Uh, yes.

And stegosaurus got off the Earth?

Yes.

And mooses got off the Earth?

Well, the mooses weren't around yet.

Oh. (Pause) What was the thing called?

Asteroid?

What color was asteroid?

I don't know, probably brown or black.

I think it was brown.

Okay.

Remember in The Land Before Time there were brown things that killed the dinosaurs?

I guess so.

Yeah, those dinosaurs could sing and dance!

Yes. Okay, good night.

3 comments:

cwguapo said...

Don't kids say the stupidest things? We should kibitz sometime. My orientation starts on the 30th. Any words of advice?
-CW

AaronLYoung said...

We'll do, pardner. My orientation ended last Friday and I'm now a working man wether I like it or not. I'm still on the fence about iPhone. I guess the thing that really gets me now is simply cost - I just don't know yet if I'll be able to afford it. Once when I was like 12 my mom bought me a really lame pair of sunday pants that I hated so on the way home from church the next day I climbed the fence in the backyard and purposefully snagged the pants on the fence and then faked a fall to rip them. I got inside the house to find my mom had been watching me on the fence for like 10 minutes. I'm a total dork and there's no way to argue that.

... said...

That is the best conversation ever. Totally laughing....also laughing about your church pants story. Oh yeah, and I blog now because apparently even people without kids can do it. Who knew?

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon