Concerning items of interest

Sunday, June 05, 2005

Cute song, Wong

No baby yet. Tomorrow at her appointment Jaime is going to ask her doctor to strip the membranes. Basically, that makes the baby come out sooner - sometimes within a day or two. Maybe Violet will be born on June 7 and then she and Asher will be exactly eighteen months apart. And her birthday would be 06-07-05 which is kind of a cool date.

I've started my research for the summer. I'm working with Drosophila melanogaster (fruit flies) to learn about a protein called ELL that is implicated in different forms of cancer. It's pretty interesting, but I bet you're already bored of me talking about this.

I bought a bike. I found a used steel 12-speed circa 1989 for $60. It's in pretty good shape, but I'll need to put a little bit of money to get it going well. I'll put pictures up when it's all set to go.

Here's a funny anecdote: we decided to buy an armoire style entertainment center for our TV so we can lock it up and keep Asher from playing with it. We found a nice rustic pine one at the Goodwill and loaded it into the Volvo and brought it home. I brought it into our house by myself with a hand truck and it was a real pain. We finally got it where we wanted and I put in the VCR and DVD player. Then the TV goes in. But wait... the TV is too deep to fit in the armoire! So do we buy a new TV now or get a different armoire. Hmmmm.

No comments:

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon